Thursday 23 August 2012

Super Yum Honey Muesli Chia Seed Ball Recipe - Thermomix Version Included!

Long time, no recipe!! Or so it seems... We had the not so joyful experience of winter flu here in our household last week, so I haven't managed to do the same amount of baking that I tend to enjoy. We are all on the mend at the moment, so I have donned the apron again and given this recipe a try.

The original recipe was taken from the very fabulous Retro Mummy, but I have made a few modifications along the way.

You see with Spring only a week away (big squeal of delight) I have experienced a little bout of panic about shedding a little bit of my winter and post baby 'coat' in order to get in to some of the gorgeous Spring fashion that is hitting the stores. So I am trying to steer myself away from chocolate (in large quantities!) and towards little treats and snacks with a bit more nutritional value. This recipe is great as it satisfies the sweet tooth in me, while the inclusion of the chia seeds really packs a nutritional punch!

The recipe is super easy to make and even easier to eat (watch the container disappear). If you have a Thermomix, I have included a version for you as well.

You'll Need:
  • 1 3/4 Cups of Muesli (Toasted is ideal, homemade is even better, but I had this Uncle Toby's laying about so I used it up!)
  • 1 Cup of Dried Fruit (Apricots, Apples, Sultanas, Craisins, Raisins, Pears - add your favourites to your hearts content)
  • 60g Melted Butter
  • 1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (for mix)
  • 3/4 Cup Shredded Coconut (to roll)
  • 1/4 Cup (or less) of Chocolate Chips
  • 1/4 Cup of Honey
  • 2 Tbs of Chia Seeds (or more if you like, I used the white variety)
Traditional Method:
  1. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat
  2. Pop all ingredients (apart from coconut to roll) in to your food processor and mix for approx 2 minutes
  3. Roll tablespoon full amounts in to small balls and then roll in coconut
  4. Store in refrigerator until set, approx 1-1.5 hours
  5. Enjoy, they really are that simple!!
Method for Thermomixers:
  1. Put butter in to your TMX bowl and melt @ 100 degrees for 1 minute 30 seconds on speed 2
  2. Pop all ingredients (apart from coconut to roll) in to your bowl and mix for approx 2 minutes on speed 3
  3. Roll tablespoon full amounts in to small balls and then roll in coconut
  4. Store in refrigerator until set, approx 1-1.5 hours
  5. Enjoy, they really are that simple!!

I do hope that you enjoy this recipe. Now that I am back in the kitchen do let me know if you would like me to try, test or feature a particular recipe right here for you on the blog.

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.