Tuesday 28 August 2012

Sensational Spring Stripes - bargain buys for Spring!

I don't know about you but I always get so excited when the new season clothes hit the shops after a long and dreary Winter. Each year I try and make a head start on my Spring wardrobe and pick up a few key pieces before the warmer weather hits.

This year was no exception and I recently hit the shops with my girlfriends for a little bit of retail therapy full of hope of doing just this. But my optimism soon turned to despair as I realised that amongst the trends of the season (namely 'neon') there was not a single thing that I could see myself wearing.

Sure the neon trend might be great if you happen to have a 1980's themed dress up party coming up! However for anyone over the age of 21, I don't feel that 'neon' is a very wearable trend for everyday wear.

Well the good news is that that stripes still appear to be around - hurrah!! If you are anything like me, I am a bit of a classic dresser and I just adore my stripes. I wear stripes all year round, and for all occasions - work, play, beach, gym - you name it.


So if you too are a little perplexed about the lack of wearable pieces for Spring, don't despair as I have featured a few of my 'striped' bargain buys for Spring for this week's Cheap and Cheerful Tuesday.....

Source: Country Road

Pick number one is this half sleeve tee from Country Road. It comes in this candy pink/grey combo but if this is not your thing, there are plenty more colours and styles in store. At $34.95, you should definitely grab one (if not two) for Spring. The half sleeve style is very flattering on those that don't like to bare too much upper arm.
Source: Sussan

I adore the above look from Sussan. I love how they have teamed a classic boat neck top, with a pop of colour (that is not neon!). The gorgeous top has 3/4 length sleeves, a boat neck and an equally gorgeous price point of $34.95. This top will look just as at home when teamed with jeans and flats for running around the park with the kids. It also comes in Coral, or my favourite - Emerald.


Source: Mix Apparel

Does anything say 'classic' more than black and white stripes? I just adored this dress from Mix Apparel (Coles Supermarket Exclusive Brand) so much that I went and bought for myself. I love just how transeasonal it is, I am dressing up with footless tights for now and I'll be baring my legs and teaming with some gorgeous teal or coral ballet flats (with matching bangles of course) for Spring. At $25 you won't regret this purchase - super flattering on the curvier figure - trust me!!
Source: Target Australia

Being the shoe fan that we all know that I am, I couldn't let your feet miss out on all of the striped fun. Target never disappoints with some cute flats for Spring, and these are no exception. Prefer a classic navy or perhaps red? Then you are in luck as these colours are stocked too. The style is called St Tropez and for just $30 these can be yours. I would personally wait until the next 20% off footwear sale (if you can resist) and pick these up for an even lovelier price.

Source: Modcloth
Don't forget that Spring is an amazing time to pick up some 'clearance' buys from our friends in the UK or the USA who are madly trying to clear out their items to make way for their Autumn and Winter lines - yay for us!! I am particularly partial to US site Modcloth who bring us the gorgeous coral striped number above - known as the Like a Dreamsicle Dress - for only $17.99- yes you heard me right!! This dress is perfect when teamed with a neutral cardigan for cooler days and I am sure it will be a regular fixture in your wardrobe come Summer. They also have an amazing sale on at the moment and their styles are very classic and also very beautiful.  Shipping to Australia can be as little at $10.00 depending on how much you buy! '


Also a fan of stripes? Recently found the 'perfect' bargain buy? Would love you to share with me below.

3 comments

  1. great round up - off to check out modcloth which i did not know about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb, I appreciate you taking the time to read. Do let me know how you go with Modcloth, I adore it x

      Delete
  2. Loving that dress and heading there now to see what else I can find!!! Thanksx

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.