Tuesday 7 August 2012

Four Fabulous Flats for Under Fifty (Bucks that is!)

Yesterday I posted a picture on the Utterly Organised Facebook page of the gorgeous shoes that I ordered online from Nordstrom in the States and it created quite a stir. It seems that quite a few of us are on the hunt for a little pair of flats that don't cost the earth. So I decided to dedicate this weeks Cheap and Cheerful Tuesday to Four Fabulous Flats for under Fifty (bucks)!

These are the shoes that I purchased from Nordstrom for a measly $45.11 (in Australian Dollars). Nordstrom have a 50% off selected shoe style sale on at the moment, and these super cute flats are part of the promotion. I ordered these only last week and bang on a week later, these lovelies arrived on my doorstep - that is quicker service than posting from Melbourne to Sydney sometimes!! Not only was the postage fast, but cheap too.

I searched high and low to try and find these in Australia to no avail, we really just don't have the variety that our lucky friends in the States do when it comes to shoes (and clothes and Martha Stewart craft items... do I go on?!)

Why I love them: As a Mum on the go, you need a comfy pair of flats that make you look more like a 'yummy' rather than 'frumpy' mummy. I love the touch of patent leather, it makes these look a bit more stylish than your average sporty flat. They are super comfy and offer good support. They also come in two other beautiful colours - navy/white and a yellow/white combo. Trust me I had a hard time deciding on colour!!

2. The Kylie Quilt Flat by Rubi Shoes
If you have not visited Rubi Shoes - you must!! They have all types of shoes from boots to heels and flats and all at low, low prices. If you don't have a store near you, you can always order online and enjoy free shipping if you spend more than $50. They also ship to my New Zealand friends.

Why I love them: These Kylie Quilt flats have a 'Chanel' like look at a bargain basement price. They are currently on sale for a dirt cheap $15. You cannot go past a classic pair of black and cream flats, they go with everything and can be worn in all 4 seasons of the year.


3. Emerson Ballet Flats by Big W


It is no secret that I am in love with all matter of things 'teal' coloured, so it should be no surprise that this list contains these teal beauties that I picked up at Big W for $9.94!! They are the Big W 'Emerson' brand.

Why I love them: In Winter you can find yourself in a rut of wearing black, drab clothing. These super cute ballet flats add a pop of colour to your outfit and definitely won't break the bank. Teal is everywhere right now and if you don't feel adventurous enough to wear this bold colour on your body, try and experiment on your feet first!

4. Lille Polka Dot Flats by ASOS
Once upon a time I lived in London and I managed to collect an obscene amount of shoes (you can read about it further here). Apart from the gorgeous friends that I made, when I returned home I found myself missing the clothes and shoes immensely. So you can imagine my delight when popular UK online store - ASOS - started delivering to Australia - for free!!

I love the ASOS branded shoes, they are so reasonably priced and I have found the quality to be great.

Why I love them: Bows and polka dots - what's not to love?! These gorgeous little flats are currently on sale for $28.54 and delivery to Australia is free. These would be perfect for Spring with jeans and a crisp white tee and for summer matched with a neutral coloured sundress for a Christmas Day feast!

If you are on the hunt for a new pair of flats, I hope that I have managed to find you a pair that might just fit the bill. Sizing can be a bit confusing in the States or in the UK, so if you need any advice on the right size for you, please drop me a line.

Have you recently found a bargain pair of fabulous flats? Would love to hear the details of your buy.

2 comments

  1. Hi
    Following from Desire Empire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn,

      I am such a HUGE fan of yours and so grateful that you have stopped by x

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.