Tuesday 31 July 2012

Cheap & Cheerful Tuesday: Update your Dining Setting for the price of a cheeseburger!!

Hello there!!

I am a tad excited to be starting a new little segment on the Utterly Organised blog called - you guessed it - Cheap & Cheerful Tuesday! When I started out my blog I promised that one of the areas I would cover is my love for shopping, so here it goes.....

Each Tuesday I shall try my very best to bring you an utterly fabulous buy that won't cost you the earth, because let's face it who doesn't love a bargain?!!

If you are on the hunt for a cheap 'something -a- rather' and want my help, please drop me a line at utterlyorganised@gmail.com and I will endeavour to source it for you and it will be featured right here. I do love a mission so please contact me and let me know how I can help you out!

I had a lot of positive comments about my dining setting when I posted a picture of my little afternoon tea yesterday:


So I thought that I would kick off the segment with these gorgeous pieces of dinnerware that cost me less than a McDonalds cheeseburger each - seriously!


So where and how much you ask? These come to you exclusively from your local K-Mart store (in Australia). And the best part is that they are only $2 a piece. For those that also loved the placemats, these are also from K-mart for - yes truly - $2 as well!!

I also have the dining pieces in teal, because a bargain is a bargain right?!


The gorgeous little dinnerware series also has a mug, and all pieces also come in black and red (check availability at your local K-Mart store).


The cute little bowls and mugs also come in a spot design as well.

I road tested these today on my lovely Mum who came to visit for lunch and they were clearly a winner - she was stopping via K-Mart on the way home!

With Spring coming, these are a cheap and easy way to update your dining setting for the warmer 'alfresco dining' weather that will soon be here - big cheer!! I am already imagining a casual BBQ with friends using this set.

So if you are like me, just a tad bored with boring white plates, then get on down to K-Mart and pick up a set. A set of 4 bowls, 4 side plates and 4 big plates will only set you back $24. Pieces are sold separately, so get as much or as little as you like, I promise it won't break the bank.

So what colour are you getting?!

Little Hint: I first purchased this series mid last year and the designs of the bowls have differed over the past 12 months. So if you are planning to get a set, I suggest trying to buy them all at once to avoid missing out on getting everything to match down the track if you need more. I now cannot get matching bowls to the set I bought last year :-(.

11 comments

  1. I do love the spotty and stripy in the blue. I have an awesome dinner set. I has retro-looking flowers on it. It is tasteful though, just different from the norm. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds divine!! Yes I was just after something a bit different to the boring white too - but on a budget :-)

      Delete
  2. I bought the spotty and stripy in blue and red coz I couldn't go past the bargain price either! It wasn't too long ago that I got them, so there's prob still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma,

      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I really want the red polka dot too, I think it would be great for Christmas time xx

      Delete
  3. For the past year I've had the same boring old white dinner set, you've inspired me to go out and buy something a bit more colourful to cheer up my kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. I've seen them on the tv ads. No KMart locally though, but might just have to save a few pennies for when my current set is all gone.
    Laybying would be a good way to go if you cannot afford to purchase it all in one hit too.
    Fab blog Allison, followed you over here from Lovely Living :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Becci, I really appreciate your kind words (and following me!). I have just updated the blog as I found the dinnerware comes as a set for just over $1 a piece, certianly makes it more cost effective with saving your pennies x

      Delete
  5. Hi Alison, just popping by from Lovely Living and am now 'following' your blog. Can't wait to read through it soon. Have a great day. Cassie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cassie,

    I am so thrilled and thankful that you popped by xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thank you. I was feeling the same with my boring white plates too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gorgeous little dinnerware series also has a mug, and all pieces also come in black and red mutfak

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.