Tuesday 3 July 2012

Ikea Blue Limited Edition Collection

Hot off the Press today – Ikea Australia have launched their ‘Blue’ collection which they describe as “an exclusive mix of Swedish design with Indian craft and colour”.

This is definitely something bold and beautiful for Ikea, as it is not often that we see them do something a little ‘outside of the box’ – pardon the pun!

The eclectic mix of items in the ‘Blue’ range includes room dividers, side tables, storage cabinet, storage boxes, vases, tableware, soft furnishings and even some hanging decorations. Hmmm I am thinking a blue and silver themed Christmas?!

Source: Ikea Australia

My favourites?

I love the look of the Beslaktad Wire Serving Stand (don’t ask me to pronounce this one!), which retails for $29.99. I think that this would be beautiful for parties and special occasions with an array of sweet treats displayed on its' tiers.

Source: Ikea Australia - Beslaktad Wire Stand
I also adore the Babbla Box Set with lid, which is $9.99 for a set of 4 small boxes, or $24.99 for a set of 4 larger boxes. These would be an elegant way to house your Christmas gifts for friends or family, or for storage around the house (hat box anyone?!).

Source: Ikea Australia - Babbla Box Set

But the item that has really caught my eye is the Bolbro Flatwoven Rug – what a bargain for $29.99! My house has a largely white and neutral palette, so I think that this bold rug would look fabulous in our entrance way. And at this price, if I change my mind after 6 months, I still come out in front!  

Source: Ikea Australia - Bolbro Rug

This limited edition collection is only in Ikea Australia stores for a short time and while stocks last - I know what I will be doing on the weekend....

Would love to hear your thoughts on the new range. Love? Hate? What are your favourites?

2 comments

  1. Love that! I love your blog! Your newest follower! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erin, thank you for being my very first follower and for your lovely words. I have just found your blog too - looks fabulous and I will be following you right back x

    PS: What a beautiful famil you have.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.