Sunday 29 July 2012

Just how easy is it to apply Wallpaper when your Huband is at work?!

Hi, my name is Allison and I am a Wallpaper addict.... Isn't that how it goes when you join one of those addiction anonymous clubs?!

I completely and utterly blame this latest obsession on the DIY and renovation shows on television (you know who you are 'The Block'!). They have provided me with the impulse to wallpaper absolutely everything in my home - baby and dog excluded! But Pinterest isn't really helping the cause either with millions of beautiful, inspiring images of gorgeous rooms (and even furniture) all coated in glorious wallpaper.

Blast you Pinterest and your gorgeous wallpaper images!! Source: http://loft32.blogspot.com.au/
In fact I have even set up a Pinterest board dedicated to all things wallpaper if that is not obsession enough.

Over the weekend I wandered in to my local hardware store to pick up a plant (yes truly!), only to be confronted with rows and rows of wallpaper in various colours and prints - damask, stripe, floral - you name it! The extra kicker was that they also offer free generous sized samples, so needless to say I came home armed with quite a few...


And maybe a few more.....


And a couple more..... That's it!


Okay, I may have abused the free sample idea a wee bit, but there were just too many to choose from. I am sure that the hardware store may now have me up on a 'do not let this lady enter the wallpaper section' poster in their tea room or something - but I did buy a plant too - I promise!

My dear husband has a strong and I mean STRONG adversion to wallpaper. Ideally I would love to wallpaper the wall behind my bed as in the top picture. But I think that my husband would sooner wear a pink tutu to work, rather than let me do it (to clarify, tutus are really not his thing, so I have no hope).

So what am I going to do with all of these gorgeous free samples?! Well I have a few thoughts and little projects up my sleeve up to pretty up a few things in my home - so watch this space!

Have you recently used wallpaper on a project or in your home? If so, I would love to share your project pictures with my blog. You can email me details and pictures to utterlyorganised@gmail.com and I will feature these early next week when I unveil my little wallpaper sample project ideas.

Hope you all had a fabulous weekend.

2 comments

  1. I am totally going to get samples now....what harm can it do right??? Will be passing total blame on to this post for any addiction that comes LOL xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am not accepting responsibility for wallpaper sample addiction :-) Should I have written a disclaimer?!!I will share my wallpaper sample projects next week and hopefully it will give you some ideas on what to do with yours if you get some xx

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.