Monday 20 April 2015

Apricot, Coconut and Sunflower Seed Truffle Recipe


After polishing off my last Easter Egg on the weekend, I have made a little bit of a resolution to try and stay away from Chocolate. At least for this week....!

Oh and if you are admiring my self control with still having Easter Eggs two weeks after the event - don't! You see I am one of 'those' still picking up the reduced chocolate during my weekly shops - please tell me I am not alone?!!
 
So while I am not doing anything crazy like going totally sugar free, I am trying to include a few more nutritious snacks (snacking on chocolate is my biggest downfall) and trying oh so hard to eat less refined sugar.
 
I whipped up these Apricot, Coconut and Sunflower Seed Truffles last night and they were too yummy not to share. For any of you on restricted diets, I believe them to be Gluten, Dairy, Nut and Refined Sugar Free and loved by little ones too if Mr B is any indication.

If you have a Thermomix, this definitely makes the recipe a cinch. But it also works just as fine in a normal food processor too.
 

You'll Need

  • 1 1/2 Cups Dried Apricots (roughly chopped)
  • 1 Cup of Sunflower Seeds
  • 1 Cup Shredded Coconut (plus an extra 1/4 Cup to roll Truffles in)
  • 2 Tbs Honey
  • 2 - 4 Tbs Water


Method

  1.  Process the Sunflower Seeds in a food processor until ground to a flour consistency
  2. Add the chopped Apricots, Coconut and Honey and process for a further 30 seconds
  3. Whilst the food processor is on a low setting, slowly add in your water until the mix starts to come together (you may find you only need 2 Tbs of water)
  4. Roll mixture in to balls and coat in the extra Coconut set aside
  5. Place in fridge to set for at least one hour
  6. Enjoy!
  • You can substitute the Sunflower Seeds for a nut of your choice
  • This recipe works really well when halved if you don't need so many at once
  • For a more indulgent truffle, you could add in some dark chocolate chips (or Easter Eggs - just sayin'!)

Are you embarking on a bit of healthy eating after a crazy Easter too?!

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.