Wednesday 17 September 2014

Project Extension Weeks 8 & 9: Damage!

I am actually amazed that we are already over 2 months in to the project and yet so far from where we expected to be at this time. 
 
The last two weeks have seen very little progress (again!), but we are almost there with fixing our garage (cracks and underpinning) and at least that will mean that we can move all of the things that are residing on our deck, in our shed, cupboards, under beds - you name it - back to their homes later this week.
 
If you follow my Facebook Page, you will have seen that I posted these pictures on the weekend.

 
Melbourne was hit with some pretty crazy storms last week and we were out at the time. We didn't think anything of it, until I started to notice a very 'unusual' smell in our lounge on Sunday. Because we have a huge couch covering our large bay window, we did not notice that a current of water must have entered our house during the storms. 
 
This resulted in a lot of damage to our curtains, carpet and walls and windows. Thankfully the windows and the walls are going to be repaired or removed in any case, as this room becomes doubled in size with the extension.
 
We are also getting the same carpet matched up in the new part, but it just means that we had to call our lovely Carpet man in a bit of a panic to add a few more metres on to our order.
 
I guess the saving grace in the extension not being as far along as it should have been, is that there would have been a heck of a lot more damage if the windows were removed while they work on the rest of the room.
 
But at week 9, my patience is starting to wear thin - I want my privacy back, I don't want to have my car blocked in when I am running late to take the kids to an appointment, I don't want to have to get dressed first thing in the morning in case they knock on the door to use the toilet and I want my house and organisation back!!

I am hoping for BIG things in week 10, watch this space!!
 
 

1 comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.