Wednesday 13 November 2013

Nursery Inspiration for Baby #2

Well yet again hubby and I cannot agree on finding out the gender of this bub to be (he doesn't want to know and I am not allowed to find out!). This little predicament is a teeny bit hard for an organised person like myself - okay I will admit, it is sheer hell!! I want to order everything and have this room done and dusted by the time this baby arrives in a few short months, but am instead attempting to be very patient. If you missed out on my gender neutral nursery planning (and frustrations) posts from Mr B, you can catch up on them here.
 
So what am I going to do? Well once again I am going to try and go with a neutral coloured room and inject touches of colour once the bub arrives. Last time I was in hospital literally hours after the birth ordering bits and pieces from Etsy - that is no joke!
 
Here are some rooms that I am loving - from Pinterest of course.

Image Source


Image Source


Image Source


So it would seem that I am drawn to;

- A white room with touches of pale grey - adding in elements of colour later - maybe aqua or mint and red for a boy and coral or ice pink for a girl. This is what I elected to do when I was pregnant last time and it was a colour scheme that I still adore - win!
 
- White furniture which is pretty handy considering I have this part already sorted. I am contemplating painting my Ikea Poang chair (which has a birch wood frame) that I used in Mr B's nursery - anyone done this?
 
- Polka Dots!!! I have decided to do a single Polka Dot feature wall and have ordered some pale grey dots from Etsy so I can get started on this as soon as they arrive in my hot little hands

- I love the idea of accessorising with clouds or with stars (cushions, mobiles, buntings etc). But I have decided to wait and order these in colours

I must admit with a nursery, big boy room and a playroom/family room conversion all to plan and design by January - I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. But hubby was on holidays last week so we have now shifted everything out of the room, touched up the white walls and are hoping to move the nursery furniture in, order Mr B's new bed and accouterments and get ready to 'polka dot' the wall next week.
 
Gee it would be so much easier if we knew the gender....
 
Did you find out the sex of your baby to be? Or did you opt for a surprise?

6 comments

  1. Hi Allison, love the idea of a polka dot feature wall! We left it as a surprise both times
    I was also really tempted to find out but hubby wanted to wait and I'm glad we did
    Next time around though I am not sure I'll wait =)
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh does this mean that #3 is on the cards Tanya?!! How exciting!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!! Baby B is going to be an awesome big brother I'm sure! ...and the nurseries you featured here ... to die for! I am pretty sure I have #2 pinned somewhere ... for when hubby and I decide for baby #4. xoxo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica Marie, I hope that you are well? I am not suprised you are thinking about #4, babies are very addictive!!

      Delete
  3. would love to see pictures of what you ended up coming up with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It has definitely been a longer process than I though as I was SO sure it was a boy, so all of the research I had done pre-baby on bits and bobs to fill the room with were boy related :-) I am almost done and will feature it and my toddler room soon x

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.