Wednesday 6 March 2013

Organising my Fruit & Vegetables for the Week...

One of the best habits that I have gotten in to since having Mr B is cutting up my fruit of a Sunday night, ready for the first part of the week (around 3 days or so). I find that if the fruit is cut up and ready to go, that we are 100 times more likely to eat it for a snack and with our lunch and breakfast too.
 
 
 
Because this little routine has been saved me so much time, I got to thinking what if I could do this with my vegetables too? Wouldn't that be the most amazing time saver to have vegetables cut up and stored in containers ready to go for meals each night?! This has become my mission, so I have been trying to work out the best method of storing everything to stay fresh.
 
 
At the moment I have been using the Sistema containers that you buy at the local Supermarket pictured above (very often found priced at 50% off). These have served me okay, but only keep the fruit fresh for a few days at a time, don't have a ventilation system and ideally I would love to get at least 5 or so days out of the food in the containers to see me through to the weekend.
 
So I have been doing a bit of research - and thank you for your thoughts on my Facebook Page - and have decided to make the investment in to the Tupperware FridgeSmart set.
 
I have ordered 10 of these products - 2 in the Small Size for our Blueberries and Strawberries - 4 in the long Medium for Carrots and Zucchinis etc and 4 in the Medium for Watermelon and Mushrooms etc. Now quite honestly I could go to town and purchase these for every single vegetable that we use frequently (corn, broccoli, beans, capsicum), but I am going to start off with 10 (not sure my fridge can fit many more in!) and see how this this system pans out for me first.
 
I will be definitely reporting back on how this is working for me soon and share my Fridge Organisation with the new products. Above is a photo of my fridge at the moment.
 
Do you implement a similar system at your home? Do you use the Tupperware FridgeSmart system too? I would love to hear what works at your place!

2 comments

  1. Yes we use the fridgesmarts too and found them to be awesome. They are well worth the price tag in the long run. They are especially good for mushies and tomatoes and found to get 2wks+ out of them.
    I also use some frozen veggies, particulary stir fry mix is good to serve up a quick meal without the hassle of buying veg individually and cutting them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: Online Vegetable Delivery

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.