Tuesday 26 February 2013

The Best (and Easiest) Chocolate Cake Recipe

It is a big call I know, but this Chocolate Cake recipe I am calling as the very best recipe that I have discovered to date. Oh and it is also super simple as it involves my very favourite kind of cake making technique - the melt and mix!!

I have been making this recipe for years now as my 'everyday' choccie cake recipe, and it never fails me and is super, super yum and never lasts long in this house!



You'll Need:

  • 1 1/3 Cups Plain Flour
  • 1 Tsp Bicarb Soda
  • 1/3 Cup Cocoa Powder (Cadbury gets my vote!)
  • 1 Cup Caster Sugar
  • 1 Cup Buttermilk
  • 2 Eggs
  • 125g Melted Butter (Cooled)
  • 1 Tsp Vanilla Essence

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 180 and line and grease cake tin - I normally use a 20cm round cake tin for this one
  2. Sift flour, bicarb of soda and cocoa powder in to a large bowl and stir in the sugar
  3. In a separate bowl or jug, combine buttermilk, melted butter (cooled), eggs and vanilla
  4. Make well in centre of sifted dry ingredients and add wet mixture
  5. Beat with hand beaters/kitchen aid on a low speed until combined and then increase speed to high and beat for approx 3 minutes (mixture should be thick and creamy)
  6. Pour mixture in to pan and bake for 40 - 45 mins

Handy Tips & Tricks
  • Ice if desired - I love a chocolate or white chocolate ganache! But a simple butter cream frosting with a little bit of coconut on top is also very divine!
  • This also works for Cupcakes if preferred
  • Based on a recipe featured on Taste
 
If Chocolate Cake is not your thing, feel free to check out my recipe for the most divine Caramel Banana cake going around, that recipe can be found right here.
 
Do you have a favourite chocolate cake recipe? Why not share the link to your favourite so that we can all check them out.

2 comments

  1. Oh Allison - why did I have to see this divine cake on Day 2 of my virtually starvation diet lol. So bookmarking this for 5 weeks and 5 days time ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sonia, you so don't need a diet of any description!! Hope you are well xx

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.