Tuesday 13 November 2012

Work it Baby!!! Cheap & Cheerful Workwear Finds

Well she is at it again, the very fabulous Chelsea from I Heart Bargains has agreed to come back at the request of some lovely readers to feature some divine Workwear steals for you all for this weeks Cheap & Cheerful Tuesday. There are some amazing pieces here that she has selected to show off, I hope that you enjoy....
WORK IT BABY
If I had a dollar for every woman that says to me, ‘oh, I need more work clothes but they’re so expensive, can you find some bargain corporate wear for me?’  I’d be a desperate housewife of Australia.
It seems that us ladies love to look the part each day but don’t want to spend the big biccies on a corporate wardrobe. And fair enough. A good quality suit can cost into the hundreds.
I understand your predicament because I’ve been working in offices of all sorts for 10 years now. The staples are important. Black pants. White shirt. A pointed black pair of heels. The occasional dressy top.
Are you asleep yet?
A corporate wardrobe doesn’t have to be this boring. It can be spritely and edgy and make you feel really good. And if it’s at bargain prices, even better!
So here’s the low down on some individual pieces that you work in with your current wardrobe and hopefully NEVER get bored of!
THE JACKET
This collarless Riverisland jacket is a step away from black but a step in the classy direction. The grey ‘n’ black works perfectly over a plain dress. And if you choose the pants option go something relatively fitted and shaped to your bottom…we don’t want too much fabric.
THE DRESS
Or dresses. I couldn’t choose between these three. And I’ve staggered the price points so there’s something there for all of you.
Country Road has this look-at-me-now tangerine number for $99.95. It’s fresh and delicious. The twisted look across the front will be flattering and so is the arm length. Place some black or nude patents on your feet.
And for something a little less fitted, be comfortable and set for a serious meeting in this Riverisland shift with edgy side design. High heels, girlfriends. Flats won’t cut it.
This is sharp looking for a big day at your desk. Try and book in a lunch because this black and white number from Target deserves to be wined and dined. It’s striking but understated. Add a belt if you feel the need. I would wear just as it is.
THE TOP
Barkins is doing us proud. You can pick up this pussy bow, striped top for $12 and thrown on with up-hair-do and black pants or navy.
And I just couldn’t resist telling you about this gorgeous little secret. A kimono can be dressed up for day and down for weekends. This one from ids is in sync with the florals and good for those ‘I have nothing to wear over this dress’ moment.
THE PANTS
White. Black. Nude. Any one of these colours would go perfectly. A statement pair of Feathers pants is a fantastic option if you need something cool to put with your white shirt.
THE SKIRT
Stripey. In season. And ridiculously cheap. This $20 Target skirt is a cheeky alternative to the all black or pinstripe skirt you’ve worn non-stop
If that’s way too casual for your hoity toity office then maybe get down to Bardot and try on this totally dominating skirt with quartz print. I know you’re nodding. It’s very cool, isn’t it?
THE ACCESSORY
I like a pearl earring. I love a pearl earring with a difference. And this is it. Can’t beat Diva for your every day jewels.
THE HEELS
Nude with a touch of pink. You know you can do it, IF you do it right. Betts is selling them for $60. The vanilla-rey type colour goes with everything.
Thank you so much Chelsea for sharing some more fabulous bargains with us, these are perfect for summer workwear that is not only on trend but on budget too. Make sure you check out the I Heart Bargains Facebook Page and Website for more amazing buys!

5 comments

  1. I don't need work wear per se, but I love that target skirt.

    ladybear.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am exactly the same Kacie, I am in love with anything striped and have my eye on that skirt too x

      Delete
  2. Nice fashionable jacket thanks for sharing!!! Workwear

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the work wear are fantastic. But specially I like the black one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there is a problem it's women's work wear so do not think its a spam. lol

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.