Friday 2 November 2012

3 Minute Cheesecake in a Mug Recipe: Flop or Fantastic?!

I must admit that I tried the 2 minute chocolate mug cake recipe and it was a massive failure. Let's just say the tyres on my car were less of a rubbery consistency than the cake I made - you get the picture!

So when I stumbled across this 3 Minute Cheesecake recipe from Kidspot, I tried not to get my hopes up too much, after all a cheesecake made in 3 minutes just sounded too good to be true - right?!

Well I am delighted to say that this far exceeded my expectations - hats off to you Kidspot as this recipe was divine although a little dangerous. You see I am a huge lover of cheesecake and having a recipe for one this delicious and on my spoon in just a few minutes is probably not good news for my waist line!! But a little treat every now and then cannot hurt can it?!
 
You'll Need:
  • 1 Egg White
  • 6 Tbs Low Fat Cream Cheese
  • 4 Tbs Low Fat Sour Cream
  • 4 Tbs Sugar
  • 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 Tsp Cornflour
  • 1 Butternut Snap Cookie
  • 2 Tbs of the filling of your choice - Choc Chips, Frozen Raspberries or Jam
Method:
  1. Whisk egg white, sour cream and cream cheese together in a bowl until light and fluffy.
  2. Add in all remaining ingredients (apart from the cookie)
  3. Mix well and pour in to the mug of your choice
  4. Microwave for 2 minutes
  5. Crush the cookie - either by hand, in a zip-lock bag with a rolling pin or zap in a food processor
  6. Sprinkle the cookie over the top of the Cheesecake
  7. Place item in fridge to set (or eat when warm - delish but will be liquid and not set)


This recipe will mug one large super dooper mug, or two smaller teacups - up to you if you decide to share or not!! This recipe is perfect for me as my husband doesn't like cheesecake (I know I cannot believe I married him either!), so I get to enjoy the mug all to myself!

If you need some ideas on how to organise recipes just like this one that you find on the net, be sure to check out the post that I did earlier on in the week.

Love to hear your thoughts on this one....

8 comments

  1. Ooo I'm a big cheesecake fan, I will have to try this! I do remember the 2 minute chocolate mug cake, I tried that and yes it was soooo rubbery! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I am glad to hear that the 2 minute Choc Cake failure wasn't just down to my cooking skills Sandra!!

      How is everything coming along for your daughters baby shower?

      Delete
    2. All going great! We just found out she is having a boy! I'm so excited, it will be great to have a little baby around again. Planning the baby shower for January 2013 and baby is due March 10th. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh that is so exciting Sandra, wish it was me all over again :-)

      Cannot wait to see your printables in action at the baby shower early next year x

      Delete
  2. I am going to have to make this tonight! Though maybe I should wait a bit, as the cold I currently have has zapped my tastebuds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you poor thing April, I hate that when I am sick because you want to tuck in to comfort food but then you think that there is no point when you cannot taste it! Hope you get better very soon x

      Delete
  3. Oh how i LOVE cheesecake..... i have been looking for a chessescake recipe for 1 as my husband despises cheesecake too (or anything involving cream or custard).... I married a weirdo lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes two of us Anon!! Hope you enjoy this all to yourself like I usually do :-)

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.