Tuesday 23 February 2016

Healthy 3 Ingredient Strawberry & Yoghurt Icy Pole Treats

A little while ago on my Facebook page I shared this very picture of some Icy Pole treats that I whipped up for the kiddos.



By popular demand here is the recipe, perfect for hot summer days like today (38 degrees in Melbourne after Winter last week!) and while the strawberries are so darn cheap!!
 
I use my good old fashioned Tupperware Icy Pole Maker moulds which take me right back to the 80's when it was me running around eating my icy poles in one of these! If you don't own a set, head to you local K-Mart store where you can pick up this kit for $2 - yep seriously $2.
 
Image Source and To Buy
 

You'll Need:

 
  • 250g punnet of Strawberries
  • 250g tub of Natural Yoghurt (I use Greek)
  • A splash of honey or maple syrup to sweeten (if desired)

Method:

  1.  Remove the tops from the strawberries
  2. Add strawberries to the blender or thermomix and blitz
  3. Add yoghurt and sweetener of choice and blend until smooth
  4. Add to moulds and pop in freezer until frozen (3 hours +)
  5. Enjoy!
 

Tips:

  • These would also be brilliant with fresh mango (while it is cheap and in season!) or raspberries (ditto!)
  • If your kiddies like things a bit sweeter, you can try a flavoured yoghurt such as Vanilla to give it that extra sweetness (and leave out the honey/maple syrup)
  • If desired, you can create a 'tip' like the photo of mine shows. This is just the pure strawberries blended and added to the mould prior to combining with the yoghurt
 
I don't know about you, but I have absolutely loved having a fairly decent Summer this year in Melbourne but am dreading it being over very soon...
 
Tried these? Love to know what you think...
 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.