Wednesday 30 July 2014

Project Extension: Week 2 - So Tired!

After a slow start to project extension week one, week two was a bit more action packed...
 
We had excavators, we had diggers, we had concrete trucks - what we didn't have was much sleep! I must admit I am missing our lazy starts to the day. The builders start time of 7am is a bit earlier than our, ahem, 9:00am starts that we are used to... We spent the weekend trying to catch up on sleep, but I still feel like I haven't slept for a year today! Still it is only week three today and we have a long time to go, must think of BIG picture - that is my mantra every day.
 
So what did we get done in a week?
 
Well the builders excavated the land and boy was there a lot of mess left behind. I sure hope we are getting a skip sometime soon...
 
 
The builders also dug the pylons in preparation for the slab to go down. We are hoping that the slab will be poured later on during week 3 - pending weather. This part scares me a little, as we do live in Melbourne after all!!
 
 
I cannot wait for the slab to be done, so I can finally get a better idea on just how big the extension is going to be. What I am not looking forward to, is the removal of our lounge and bedroom windows at the same time. If I thought the house was cool at the moment, I think I am in for a big shock come next week...
 
 
We also now have temporary fencing blocking all access to the front door, which makes it super fun for the postman to navigate his way to deliver my online shipping buys - not that I am buying a single thing if you are my hubby reading my blog!!
 
If you have any questions on the extension, please feel free to comment below.
 
 
 
 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.