Thursday 26 June 2014

We are Starting Solids...

So last week was a big one in our house. Miss C celebrated her 5 month birthday and Mr B his half birthday, making him now 2.5! In the blink of an eye it seems that my babies are gone and I have two kidlets that are 5 months going on 5 years and Mr B is 2.5 years going on 15!!

Seriously bring back my babies because it is going way too quickly...
 
 
PS: How cute is Miss C's Target vest, at $7, I wish I could get this in my size!!
 
This little milestone also meant that it was time to start the weaning process and introduce solids - groan! Is it just me or do they keep changing the 'guidelines' on this stuff?! Those with two or more babies, out of interest have things changed with each baby for you? So what we were told to do with Mr B (to phase things in stages, pureed foods etc) has all gone out the window and it is a case of almost anything goes from 6 months now!
 
But for now, it is time to get this little Miss to get the hang of this food bizzo with a bit of good old fashioned Rice Cereal.

 
I was sent this Nestle Cerelac Rice Cereal from Social Soup for Miss C to try and I was a bit apprehensive because quite frankly we tried another well known brand of rice cereal with Mr B and it caused a few 'ahem' digestion issues shall we say...
 
The Nestle Cerelac Rice Cereal is suitable for littlies from 4 months of age. They also have a Wheat and an Oat version for bubs at the 6 month mark, which will be us in no time :-(

Miss C had been grabbing at my food for a few weeks, so I thought that it was time to bite the bullet and give the solids thing a go. But boy, I had completely forgotten just how messy and hard, the solids stuff is, we are going through bibs like nobodies business!

Even though I knew Miss C was ready for food, we did struggle a bit with Miss C getting the hang of the swallow and tongue action at first. But slowly, day by day, week by week, she is starting to get the hang of things - but not the hang of not making a mess!!

Miss C seems to enjoy the taste of this Rice Cereal better when mixed with a bit of formula or breast milk, when it was plain with water she wasn't quite as impressed! I am pleased to report that we have had no digestion issues (if you get my drift) to speak of.

This weekend I am introducing the big world of fruit to Miss C. I plan to mix it in with the Rice Cereal to start off with - wish me luck!! Time to dig out the old Baby Food recipe book...

Now I would love all of your tips, tricks and advice on getting a little one to start solids. But please get your thinking caps on and save your tips until tomorrow, where your tip could win you a very generous $50 gift card - see you back here then!

 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.