Monday 19 May 2014

Mr B Turns 2 - A Farmyard Themed Birthday Party

Better late than never... so they say... this post I have been trying to hit the publish button on since December. But with the pregnancy (and the daily sickness) and the arrival of the little lady, it has been a busy old few months.
 
So in December our little man turned two and it literally feels like yesterday I was blogging away about his first birthday party (which you can read all about here).

I decided that we would have a big party every second year for Mr B (and now for little Miss C too)and the alternative year would be for family and close friends. Do you do something similar in your house?
 
So last year was the small gathering, but I couldn't resist putting together a small dessert table to go along with the BBQ lunch we had.
 
I decided on a Modern Farmyard theme because back then Mr B loved making his animal sounds like no one else's business (he wasn't quite taking back then!).


 

And the famous Kit Kat Cake... I ended up making a 2 layer Butter Cake and covered it with chocolate buttercream frosting all over (and in between). The Kit Kat's were stuck to the side before the icing had time to set (it wasn't very fun with a grumpy toddler in the house!) and M&M's stuck to the top with some farm animal toppers which I purchased through Ebay.
 
 
 
 
The desserts and cake were made by me and the gorgeous cake pops and cookies are by Sweet Creations by Sharms. The super cute printed material is from Be Design Solutions. If you are in Melbourne, all items on the table (plus much more!) are available to hire through my little business Utterly Organised Events.

Now that we are already in May (seriously how did that happen?!), it is time to start thinking about themes for this year and a Christening Celebration for the little lady too...

Are you planning a party for your little one this year? Love to hear what theme/s you are thinking of. I love the idea of a Construction, Circus or even a Wiggles Party for Mr B for this year.
 

2 comments

  1. You are amazing seriously! Everything looks absolutely perfect, brodie is one lucky little man. I can't believe he's 2 already :O xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much Louise, can you believe last week he had his half birthday so is now 2.5!!

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.