Wednesday 23 October 2013

Product Review: Philips PerfectCare Aqua Pressurised Steam Generator Iron

I am the first to admit that when it comes to ironing, I can be a little bit OCD. I don't go as far as iron tea towels and underwear, but I do put my hand up to admit that sheets, pillow cases and hankies are included in my ironing pile each week... a little bit sad I know!

Now it is not that I have too much time on my hands, but rather just like my home, I like my linen and clothes to be neat and orderly (well most of the time!). So when I was contacted to try out the newest steam station ironing revolution from Phillips - the PerfectCare Aqua Pressurised Steam Generator Iron (try saying that after a few drinks!) - I was more than a little bit excited to say the least!!
The ironing pile - on a 'good' day!!
This little wonder boasts a whole heap of product benefits - but the promise to make my ironing life a simple and speedy experience - sounded just too good to be true!!
 
 
For me, of the major benefits of this steam station iron, is that unlike the regular run of the mill irons, you don't need to fiddle around with the controls to alter the settings to suit each individual garment. Ever been guilty of singeing hubbys work pants because you were still on the ultra hot cotton setting?! Yup I have been there more than a few times and created pants that are a little bit crunchy and shiny to wear...

Well this is an issue of the past with this little wonder, because thanks to its super clever OptimalTemp technology, you'll no longer have to worry about fiddling with settings again (and getting it wrong time and time again). It was a very strange experience using this unit for the first time and not having to flick a dial going from my cottons to my woollens and on to my silk dresses.
 
Thanks to the continual steam pressure, you really do experience a quicker and easier ironing experience. I definitely found myself shaving at least 10-15 minutes off my usual ironing time - a PB!
 
The unit has a massive - and I mean massive 2.2Lt water tank - so no more having to fill up the iron a good 1000 times just to get through a small pile of ironing.

 

 
The ironing unit itself is quite large if you are used to just a good old fashioned iron - but it is comprable in size to other pressurised steam generating irons out there on the market. However if you don't have a lot of room to store in your laundry cupboard, then this style of iron may not be for you.

The RRP on this unit is $399 which may seem a little much for some consumers when comparing to a traditional iron. But trust me, this is not a traditional iron and you need to see it in action and you'll want to get your hands on it at any price! I have it on good authority that this unit does go on sale regularly, so keep your eyes peeled and pop it in on your Chrissie or Boxing Day sale wish list.
 
Overall I absolutely loved the iron. It is definitely worth clearing a spot for this in your laundry - because it is a time (and sanity) saver and I have never seen hubbys shirts look so crisp - winner!!

Want to check it out for yourself? This unit is available to purchase at all major electrical retailers for an RRP of $399.00. You can also check it out in action here on YouTube.

A big thank you to Phillips for letting me try this out.

Do you have a steam station iron too? Love it? Hate it? Love to hear your thoughts.

Please note, I was provided this unit to try but was not paid for the review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments

  1. I have just bought one of these today after seeing your review this week. I have just done a mountain of ironing in next to no time at all. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These irons are amazing! I have one and LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.