Friday 31 May 2013

Converting a Nursery in to a Toddler Friendly Bedroom

Ahhh tell me where does the time go? It seems like only yesterday we were eagerly awaiting the arrival of our first child, setting up a nursery and counting down the days until we met our bundle of joy.
 
Fast forward to right now and Mr B is turning 18 months in June (please tell me how to make the clock stop!). So a little project I have had on the backburner for a while is  tweaking his little nursery in to something a little more toddler friendly. We are not going the whole hog and doing a big boys room style makeover complete with a bed just yet - I don't know if I will ever be ready for that big step!!

The Nursery as it is now
When I created the existing nursery, it was intended to be a little bit gender neutral as we didn't find out the sex of the baby (you can read and see the pictures from the nursery in these earlier posts here).
 
So I have decided to work on changing up the colours a little and adding a few things to be a little bit more suitable for a toddler boy. We are aiming for something boyish, budget friendly and beautiful!
 
Here are some of the pieces that I will be injecting in to the room....





The results? Stay tuned and I will share these as I work on this mini makeover during the weekend (all going well!!).
 
What projects are you working on at your place?

2 comments

  1. Haha! can i tell you this is the same colour scheme I have going for my sons toddler room! I have the red poang chair (second hand bargain!) and intergrating some teal into there as well! Im loving red for a boy at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have excellent taste Melissa :-) haha.

      The chair above is a mini version of the Poang chair for kids (from Mocka).

      I hope you'll be sharing pics too!!

      Delete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.