Wednesday 19 December 2012

Spinach Dip Recipe - Festive Season Food!!

Well with Mr B's birthday done and dusted, it is time to turn my attention on to Christmas, and with that comes one of my all time favourite things about the festive season - festive food of course!!
 
Over the course of the next week, I am going to share some super easy and super yummy recipes that you might like to whip up over the silly season.
 
To kick things off, I have the lovely Liv from Thermomix Oz joining us as a guest blogger with one amazing sounding dip that I know I'll be whipping up for sure. If you are a fellow Thermomix fan, you will love the Thermomix Oz blog and Facebook page, both are full of recipes and tips from Liv using this amazing appliance.

Hi I'm Liv - a wife and mum to two gorgeous little girls and with a passion for yummy, wholesome food. Although I'm very new the world of blogging, I'm slowing catching on! I love sharing tried and tested recipes in the hope that we can all save time and money that's better spent with our family!
 
One of the things I found most challenging before we got a Thermomix was finding enough time to set aside in order to make nutritious and healthy food, especially at Christmas! It's so convenient to choose ready made and pre-packaged food and although it's not always unhealthy - it does usually come along with a few extra preservatives or additives that are often best avoided.
 
Dip was one of the things I used to grab pre-made and ready to eat - I never entertained the idea of making it at home. Now, I have no excuse not to make it! It would take me longer to get into my car to go buy a dip from my local supermarket, than it would to whip this up in my Thermomix! It's light, healthy, tastes fabulous and costs a fraction of the pre-packaged kind!
 
In place of the regular cream cheese, this recipe uses lighter sour cream and mayonnaise and gets plenty of flavour from yummy grated parmesan cheese. It's a perfect summer dip - a great partner for both veggies and crackers alike. This did not last long at our place!
 
Creamy Spinach Dip
 
Ingredients
285g Spinach, cooked and finely chopped, cooled
1/2 Cup Light Sour Cream
5 Tablespoons Light Mayonnaise
1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1/4 Cup Shallots, finely chopped

Directions
Cook spinach and cool. Squeeze out excess moisture and set aside. **I used thawed frozen spinach to save time, cooked in the microwave and it was already finely chopped. You may use fresh spinach, go with whatever is easiest for you!
 
Roughly chop parmesan cheese into cubes and place into your Thermomix bowl. Grate for 10 Seconds, Speed 8.

Chop shallots and add to parmesan in bowl, along with cooled spinach, sour cream and mayonnaise.
 
Mix for 10 - 20 Seconds, Speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix for a further 10 Seconds if necessary, Speed 6 - 8.
 
Serve with fresh vegetables and/or savoury crackers. If you need to make this a day in advance, remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!http://thermomixoz.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
 
Thanks again for joining us Liv, if you are after more Christmas recipes for your Thermomix be sure to check out the Thermomix Oz blog, there is an amazing Oreo Truffle recipe on there that would be perfect as a gift for loved ones or just with coffee post Christmas Day lunch!

1 comment

  1. I hear ya!! The thermomix is great for quick and easy cooking. I've had my "thermonuclear husband" for 2 years, and I love it. In fact, I love it so much that I just wrote 2 downloadable cookbooks of 5 ingredients or less. Book 1 is free and both books are found at www.thermocookbook.com
    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.