Wednesday 1 July 2015

Mocktails (and Cocktails) with the SodaStream Play

{Post Brought to you in conjunction with SodaStream}
 
Don't you find it funny that the minute you discover you are pregnant, you suddenly crave all of the forbidden foods? Ham from the supermarket deli - yup you probably haven't eaten it for years - but suddenly when you are pregnant it's all that you can think about!
 
I am a bit like that with drinking. Although not normally a big alcoholic drinker, as soon as I am pregnant I crave sweet and creamy cocktails!! So when I was offered the chance to try out the latest addition to SodaStream's Drink Maker Range - the SodaStream Play - what do you think I was keen to replicate - mocktails of course!
 
Now we (like most families) had the original SodaStream growing up back in the 80's and loved it! But boy the new Play machine has come a long way since then - super quick, quiet and a slimline design that you are not embarrassed to have on your bench, and available in a range of stunning colours too. The first thing I looked for when I was setting it up was a plug - but it doesn't need power - making it something that you can easily keep on your bench without taking up valuable space for your toaster.
 
I am the first to admit that I am not the best when it comes to operating new gadgets, but this machine was really easy for even me to operate! This particular model has a snap lock mechanism so you can easily pop the bottle in, and an auto lift slider which automatically places the carbon block back in the starting position. With the simple push, the PLAY quickly turns your ordinary tap water in to sparkling water in seconds. From there you simply add your flavours or additions as you like....
 
SodaStream have a whole host of flavours ranging from the Traditional Mixes, to the Caps range (which I love because they are SO easy) and even a Sugar Free and a Naturals range thrown in for good measure).
 
I love that unlike ordinary soft drinks, YOU get to control the flavours and how much sugar you are adding in (if at all). You can make the kids a special 'bubbly treat' by simply carbonating the water and adding in freshly crushed fruit or lemon juice - they will really think it is special! This clever little machine really does cater for different diets, tastes and nutritional needs (and pregnant ladies wanting a decent mocktail too!).
 
Speaking of those mocktail recipes I promised... I have also added an 'alcoholic' version too, for those of you who are not pregnant and can enjoy a little liquor!
 
 

SODASTREAM FRUIT PUNCH

 
If you have followed my blog for a while, you will know that fruit punch is a beverage that I wheel out for every birthday or festive occasion - I LOVE it! So this was the first thing that I wanted to try out.
 

You'll Need:

 
  • 1 Litre of SodaStream Orange Flavoured Sparkling Water (made with the Orange SodaStream Cap or standard Orange Flavoured Bottle
  • 1 Litre of Fruit Juice - my personal favourite is the Golden Circle Golden Pash mixed fruit juice - works a treat with the orange!
  • Squeeze of fresh Lime or Lemon
  • 1 Orange and a Punnet of Strawberries cut up in thin slices (for decoration)
  • Ice
Optional Alcoholic Version:
 
Add a dash (or more!) of Vodka and or Sparkling Wine (love Omni Blue Moscato) as desired!
 
 

Method:

1. Fill carbonating bottle with chilled tap water to the designated line
 
2. Snap lock the bottle in to place and push down to carbonate
 


3. Press the Orange Flavoured 'Cap' on to the mouth of the bottle and wait until the liquid has finished dispensing




4.  Add your Fruit Juice, SodaStream Orange Flavoured Sparkling Water, Ice, squeeze of lemon or lime and cut up fruit to desired punch bowl or beverage dispenser and stir. Of course if you are adding in a bit of booze, add that in at this step.

5. Add a ladle and let your guests help themselves!

 
 

SODASTREAM PINA COLADA

 
In their Happy Hour Caps range, Soda Stream have cleverly introduced 4 of the most popular cocktail flavours going around. In this pack you'll find Cosmopolitan, Mojito, Strawberry Daiquiri and my favourite - Pina Colada! I know, I am totally going to have you singing 'if you like Pina Colada's' now...
 
Anyway with the Caps range, the hard work of 'mixing' the perfect cocktail is done! Although I like mine with a bit of coconut cream and a twist of lime, so I have popped a little spin on it in my recipe below...
 

You'll Need:

  • 1 Litre of Pina Colada Flavoured Sparkling Water (made with the Pina Colada SodaStream Cap as part of the Caps Variety Pack - Happy Hour range)
  • Dash of Coconut Milk
  • Squeeze of fresh Lime
  • Lime cut up in thin slices (for decoration)
 
 

Method:

 
1. Fill carbonating bottle with chilled tap water to the designated line
 
2. Snap lock the bottle in to place and push down to carbonate


3. Press the Pina Colada Flavoured 'Cap' on to the mouth of bottle and wait until the liquid has finished dispensing


4. Add a dash of Coconut Milk to the SodaStream Pina Colada Flavoured Sparkling Water (I used 1/4 very small tin of Coconut Milk), a squeeze of Lime and stir. Again if you are going for an alcoholic version, add a dash of White Rum at this step.

5. Pop in cocktail glasses (I love Mason Jars) with a few slices of fresh Lemon and serve!

 
 All I can say is these really did hit the spot for this pregnant mumma!! These mocktail recipes would be perfect for baby showers and of course the naughtier version for cocktail parties, birthday parties, New Years Eve - the list goes on.
 
Like to try the new SodaStream Play Drinks Maker for yourself? Well you are in luck as tomorrow on the blog, I have one White SodaStream Play to give away to one lucky reader. 
 
See you back here tomorrow - I am off to enjoy the rest of my Pina Colada....
 
The SodaStream Play has an RRP of $99.00 and is available at leading retailers such as Myer, Target, and Big W as well as on the SodaStream website.
 
 
 

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.