Friday 22 August 2014

Our Favourite Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffin Recipe

{Brought to you in Conjunction with Flora}
 
During my horrible pregnancy, all I craved to make me feel a little better was sweet foods. Give me muffins, cake, chocolate and custard and I was a happy (and not so sick) woman.
 
Now that our gorgeous little gal has arrived, I still haven't managed to shake my love for sugar just yet... yes even at 7 months old!!
 
This recipe for Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins is one that I have been whipping up quite a lot lately. It is one of those recipes that I know off by heart, without actually having to look it up. It is so easy, works every time and gets the tick of approval from hubby too! 
 

 You'll Need...

  • 3 Cups Self Raising Flour
  • 3/4 Cup Caster sugar
  • 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips
  • 125g Melted Butter or Margarine (Flora Buttery is a fabulous cooking option is you are looking to lower saturated fat in foods)
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 Cup Milk
  • 1/2 Cup Cream
  • 1 Tsp vanilla essence
  • 200g Raspberries (NB: I used Raspberries, but you can use Fresh Raspberries, Mixed Berries, Strawberries, Blueberries - whatever your little heart desires!) 

Method...

  1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees
  2. Sift Flour in to a Large Bowl and add in dry ingredients (Sugar & Choc Chips)
  3. Melt Butter or Margarine and add to the Dry Ingredients along with Milk, Cream, Egg and Vanilla. Mix well
  4. Add berries (fresh or frozen) taking care not to over mix (lumpy mixture is a good mixture with muffins!)
  5. Pop mix in to your muffin trays
  6. Bake for 20 - 22 minutes 
  7. Enjoy!! 

Notes

  • Makes approx. 24 Muffins
  • These are DIVINE when fresh out of the oven with the chocolate all gooey- yummo!
  • Last for approx. 2 days (if not eaten first!)
  • I often halve the recipe as I love them when fresh and find that 12 is more than enough for snacks, lunch box for hubby etc for a few days
You can check out more of my favourite baking recipes here.
 
What is baking at your place this week?

Post a Comment

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.