Monday 24 March 2014

Where to Buy Items for Mr B's Toddler Room Makeover

Firstly a BIG thank you for all of the kind comments I received on Mr B's Toddler Bedroom Makeover post. I received a number of emails and comments asking for further information on items in the room, so I hope that this post addresses everything!!
 
 
Bed and Bedding
 
Our Bed is a Single Size. We purchased this through Captain Snooze and the style is  called Drover Bed Frame. They always seem to have a great sale on these every few months, so definitely worth waiting til it rolls around (if you can!).
 
 
The single bed mattress is from Sleepmaker and my goodness me it is so comfy (I can say that because I spent a few nights on here while I was pregnant and B was in our bed!).

Sleepmaker really do take the tough work out of selecting mattresses, with their fabulous online mattress selector tool. It is a fabulous  resource for selecting the right mattress for your body, needs and most importantly your budget.

The bedding is from Olli Ella and the design is the Poppet Single Bed Set. I purchased this online through the Linen Nursery and the lady who runs this (Drue) is absolutely gorgeous to deal with.
 
Soft Furnishings
 
 
The bunting and cushion (and little Easter rabbit on the ladder shelf) are from Milly Molly Mandy. If you haven't seen Shannon's creations, do yourself a favour and check out her page, I am a HUGE fan! I have worked with Shannon twice now and she is just fabulous to bounce ideas off to create the perfect space.
 
 
The letter B (on the door) is from Cheekee Monkeez. Nicole is another Aussie Mum with a fabulous little business.
 
The Chevron mat on the bedside table is actually a placemat from good old K-Mart for around the 3 buck mark. When I saw it I knew it would fit perfect with the navy chevron theme.
 
Small Furniture
 
The Ladder Shelf and Tree Coat Rack are from Mocka. K-Mart also have a very similar Tree Coat Rack that retails for $15 - bargain!
 
 
The Train Table is from K-Mart and it is an absolute steal for $39. It includes 60 pieces with the table and has made a brilliant present for Mr B - what a clever and thrifty man that Santa Claus is!
 
 
The Bedside Table and Slim Tallboy Chest are from the Ikea Hemnes Bedroom Range.
 
I really found it hard to decide between their 3 drawer chest or the 5 drawer chest (which we purchased in the end) and deliberated on this for weeks. In the end I decided that the slim unit would allow more play space for the little man, and it ended up being a great decision.

By selecting the slim unit, we now have the space for the ladder shelf and the train table where the wider unit would have had to live. The slim unit we managed to fit at the foot of the bed - it was meant to be!
 
Artwork
 
 
The Digger Canvas was selected by Mr B himself from Adairs Kids. We nabbed it just prior to Christmas at 50% off for $12.50 - bargain! I haven't seen this design around for a little bit, but they have other super cute designs for little boys (and girls), so be sure to check your local store.
 
The 3 frames are Ikea Ribba Frames.
 
The Shine like the Stars print is from Billy and Scarlet via Etsy.
 
The Birth print was purchased from Mosie Posies via Etsy (way back when I did the nursery).
 
The Places you Will Go print is from Olli Ella and is designed to perfectly match the bedding range.
 
I truly hope that this covers all of the questions and items that you all wanted details for. However if I have missed anything, please feel free to comment below or contact me. I am still making 'tweaks' to the little ladies room, but I do promise that this will be up very soon...
 

6 comments

  1. would love to see Miss C's nursery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry not sure if it was from nursery post but the blue name in wood? Where did you source that from

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon, it was actually from a company in Adelaide that sadly no longer operates :-(
      You can pick up similar items by searching on ebay.
      Hope this helps,

      Allison

      Delete
  3. I have bookmarked your blog, the articles are way better than other similar blogs.. thanks for a great blog! Toys for 1 year old

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a very useful article. Very interesting to read this article.I would like to thank you for the efforts you had made for writing this awesome article. شراء اثاث مستعمل الكويت

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.