Tuesday 4 February 2014

Rice Bubble Muesli Bar Slice Recipe


Well with school back in full swing, I thought it was high time for a bit of a good old fashioned lunch box filler recipe - the good old Muesli Bar Slice.
 
When I was a little girl, my Mum used to make the yummiest Muesli Bars in town. As a 'slightly' older girl, I have searched high and low for the same recipe to no avail. I tried recipe after recipe until recently stumbling across what I consider the solid gold of all muesli bar slice recipes! This one uses Rice Bubbles, is so quick and easy, requires no baking and you can add in any type of fruit or seeds your little heart desires....
 
  • 1 Cup Toasted Muesli
  • 1/4 Cup Sultanas
  • 1/4 Cup Apricots (Diced)
  • 3 Cups Rice Bubbles
  • 1/2 Cup Coconut
  • 1/4 Cup Sesame Seeds
  • 4 Tbs Honey
  • 125g Butter
  • 4 Tbs Peanut Butter (may want to omit this if sending to school)
  • 1/2 Cup Raw Sugar
 
  1. Line a Lamington Tin with Baking Paper - I use one that is 30 x 20cm
  2. Combine your dry ingredients (Muesli, Sultanas, Apricots, Rice Bubbles, Coconut and Seeds) in a large bowl
  3. Melt Butter, Honey, Sugar and Peanut Butter (if using) in a saucepan over a low/mid heat.
  4. Once melted, bring to boil and simmer for approx. 5 mins (be careful not to burn)
  5. Add the melted ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine
  6. Press in to prepared tin and pop in the fridge to set (an hour will do the trick!)
  7. Cut up in to desired bars or squares and enjoy!  
NOTE: As mentioned above, if sending to school you may wish to omit the Peanut Butter from the recipe.
 
Do you have a Retro Recipe from when you were younger that you still love to make today for your own family (or you!)?
 
 

4 comments

  1. Oh rice bubbles... it's been too long since I've had them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too Kacie - had to buy them especially. Now I feel a Mars bar Slice coming on...

      Delete
  2. She knew the products well and he or she gave me critical and useful hints to increase my pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anti-ageing medicine makes use of a extensive variety of gear to judge the cutting-edge popularity of someone of the fitness and growing old. Anti-aging remedy makes use of a aggregate of both conventional and alternative clinical application within an included method of gain the first-rate feasible result for that patient mojoklinik.com.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.