Saturday 19 January 2013

Melt and Mix Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Call me lazy, but I detest recipes that involve creaming, sometimes it just seems too hard to get the mixmaster out - am I alone here?! Therefore melt and mix recipes are my friend, so easy and quick to whip up and not a set of beaters or Kitchen Aid in sight.

Chocolate Chip Cookies (and let's face it, anything with chocolate in it) are something that we cannot get enough of in our house. But until now, I make these very rarely due to the effort. That was why I was super excited when I stumbled across a melt and mix cookie recipe that was just too good not to share, especially with school going back in a few short weeks.
 

You'll Need:

  • 125g Butter
  • 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter (I used crunchy)
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Beaten Egg
  • 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
  • 3/4 Cup Self Raising Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats (see it is not all bad in this recipe!)
  • 1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Method:

  1. Combine butter and peanut butter in a saucepan until melted and combined. Pop in a large bowl until cooled down (approx 5 minutes)
  2. Add sugar and egg and stir until combined
  3. Sift flours over the top of mixture and add oats and chocolate bits and stir to combine
  4. Roll up in to balls (I made mine approx 1Tbs each ball) and flatten with fork or spatula slightly
  5. Bake at 180c for 10 - 12 minutes until golden
  6. Enjoy with a cuppa and your favourite mag - well we can all dream!!
Notes:

  • If using these for lunch-boxes, omit the peanut butter
  • You could also add fruit such as sultanas or apricot pieces if you wish
  • Just try and stop at one - I dare you!!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Are you too a fan of melt and mix recipes?

7 comments

  1. I love making cakes and bikkies the traditional way, but I also love to use melt and mix recipes sometimes, too... My favorite cupcake recipe is melt and mix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Teresa a melt and mix cupcake recipe sounds amazing!! You'll have to share your recipe, I would love to try it out :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes - I would love to see a melt and mix cupcake recipe too

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the creaming thing. I don't own a mix master so I usually melt the butter. It's just easier than beating the heck out of it by hand. Theses cookie look great by the way
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, glad that it is not just me then Carolyn!! I have a great melt and mix chocolate cake that I make all the time. I will have to share that one too, it is delish :-)

      Delete
  3. I found your recipe today & was soooo pleased as I couldn't be arsed doing the whole creaming thing either! Thanks, I've just gotten them out of the oven & they smell divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking last night that I would like to jazz up chocolate chip cookies with some peanut butter, so I'm glad I found this recipe. I too am tired of the noise and mess of the mixmaster. I have a 7 month old and noisy things like that can wake him from naps too. I managed to finish the recipe and taste-test before he woke this afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ receiving Comments from my Readers!

© Utterly Organised. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.